This year Akademy was a real blast. For the first time I didn’t
feel like blogging during the event though, we had a pretty good
coverage on PlanetKDE and the Dot anyway. I really wanted to enjoy
the people while there.
That’s why, I’m just blogging a list of my thoughts about Akademy
2008 (in no particular order):
- It was the best Akademy so far, no less. The program was pretty
good, the organization team did an amazing job… Congrats
- The network was unfortunately sloppy at times, more than last
year I think.
- I got the best conference swag ever: a tea cup. It’s been made
by our Korean team, it’s gorgeous, it’s hand made. Definitely the
best present for a conference. You guys rock!
- I didn’t get much done hacking wise (my last hardcore geek
Akademy was in Dublin), but I socialized a lot more and attended
quite a lot of BoF.
- I’m really looking forward to see some of the discussions which
happened during the conference to come to fruition. In particular
regarding the release management, good stuff to come.
- Once again we had a few students from Toulouse. One from last
year even came back by himself. I think the efforts in my
University are slowly creating a nest of KDE hackers. :-)
- The team humongous has been humongous (as expected). I hope
I’ll get the same room mates next year, it was really great.
- Ade is a very good story teller… Now I really miss my bedtime
stories involving dinosaurs, minority operating systems and flying
Of course, as a proud member of the team humongous I have to use
Now I’m experiencing the post-Akademy blues as usual. I miss you
all already! See you next year!
PS: I have lots of pictures… The problem being that with a higher
resolution camera I’m now stuck on how to host them online. Maybe I
should upgrade to a FlickR Pro account. I’m not sure if it’s worth